Saturday, June 29, 2013

Easy Wild Edibles for Supper

Building real skills is important. Technically, a person isn't supposed to pick flowers or dig up live plants in a National Forest, but I only take small portions to sample and practice survival skills. In a true survival situation, I would gather much more and cook as needed.




This video shows only 6 easily identifiable wild edibles common to many forests. Each excursion into the woods gives me an opportunity to expand my knowledge.

The spaghetti was broken into small pieces and cooked in a pot of hot water. I added a seasoning package from the dollar store and then broke the green edibles into small pieces and added them at the last minute.

Wild edibles provide vitamins and minerals that are needed for good sustainable health.

No comments:

Post a Comment