Thursday, December 15, 2011

Survival Books on Our Shelves

Found on one of the book shelves here at home:
Never Say Die, The Survival Book, The Death of Albert Johnson, How to Stay Alive in the Woods, Being Your Own Wilderness Dcotor,Iron John and Non- Flowering Plants.




As I read and practice the skills here in, I'll give reports, along with the authors etc.

Right now I'm doing Iron John by Robert Bly. Its a book about Men, and was number one National Bestseller. This book is sort of a Women Who Run with Wolves type thing, but much more readable. The author is using some parables and fairy tales to expound on the Wild Man. He bemoans the emergence of the Soft Man, a man in touch with his feminine side.

I agree.
A Wild Man is hot, interesting, sexy. Soft touchy feely men are too much like women, and we need two sexes to make life interesting. The author talks about initiation in ancient societies, leading to Strong, capable, protector types.

I'm only on page 20 of this 259 page book. I'll report more after I finish it. I really like the writing style of Robert Bly, and it won't take long to devour this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment