Sunday, April 10, 2011

Polident's Good Bye, a Guest Post

My friend from http://Coolworks.com
posted this, and with his permission, I share it with you.


The journey ahead , I am about to be Dead . I am petrified . The pictures of Death are frightening .
The handbooks are very subjective ( Bible , Quoran , etc ) and I feel are antiquated . This is the premier journey but there is a noted absence of relevant information .

For instance, the timetable of departure is ambiguous. Yesterday , I begged to be taken immediately . This evening I am chipper , with a bit of color , a stroll to the pub may be ahead .
How to prepare ? I revert to my old standard - take on the challenge with vigor . Therefore the practical arrangements are complete . I have ordered cremation . Scatter the ashes in the garden . I see no real glory in tying up a sliver of our precious Earth in order to store a bit of tissue .

My real questions . Will the pain be gone ? Do I see my dear Mum ? And what of my mates ? Will our bodies be torn and abused , or will we be whole ? If I am whole , then the pain must be gone .


Oh so many questions . I am petrified .

I have prepared as much as possible in order to free my mind for the present . Living Here Now . The journey of light will come . My affairs are arranged and all the wags at the pub are lining up for pints at the wake .
I am petrified of height . Walking out of a perfectly stable in-flight craft is an outrageous example of stupidity . I am puny , the frame of an underfed pullet . The big lads did enjoy a toss now and again . I do admit a joy as I toss the big lads . Judo created equality among the brawny .

I absolutely deplore spiders and snakes . I became an Instructor at the jungle warfare school . I say all not to be a braggart . I say all as a message . The real great fear of life , is death, because it is unknown unseen . All other fear can be overcome or dealt with . I'll not visit again . This site is about the future . I am a part of the past . Oh yes , the drugs . The hashish brownies are splendid and helped so much with my appetite . Although a biscuit at tea is more preferable .


And yes,Go Now - Tomorrow May Never Arrive .

Goodbye All , please delete as needed .

Thank you, Polident/Scarface for this moving reminder of our mortality, and fierce love of life.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, the fear of death is the core of all human fears.

    Passage out of Zen Poetry Book-
    A Letter to a Dying Man.

    Bassui wrote the follwing letter to one of his disciples who was about to die:
    "The essence of your mind is not born, so it will never die. It is not an existence, which is perishable. It is not emptiness, which is a mere void. It has neither color nor form. It enjoys no pleasures and suffers no pains.
    "I know you are very ill. Like a good Zen student, you are facing that sickness squarely. You may not know exactly who is suffering, but question yourself: What is the essence of this mind? Think only of this. You will need no more. Covet nothing. Your end which is endless is as a snowflake dissolving in the pure air."

    ReplyDelete