Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Firing The Pistol

Today we practiced everything we'd learn the previous classes, including loading. I also learned how to pick up the weapon, bring it to eye level, sight in, take off the safety, and fire.

I was reminded to hold the pistol very steady, take a deep breath, let out some air, and hold the remaining breath while I squeezed the trigger.






I am wearing shooting glasses, ear protection.
The target was a Styrofoam plate, with a red dot in the center to assist in focusing.

By following my instructors directions, I was able to make my shots count. He was very pleased.

More practice is needed. I still feel awkward handling a firearm.

I recognize how devastating one small mistake could be. I think that's always going to be very important attitude.


No comments:

Post a Comment