Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How To Make the Stove






To make the slow burning stove, you only need one soda can.

You can use simple tools like a knife to cut the can. You can even make the air holes with a knife as well. My first stove was made with just a pocket knife while I was working this summer in Zion National Park.

Now home, I decided to use a paper puncher to make the holes. You could also use a drill, but I decided to do this at the lake, no electricity was available.

Make sure the top is tall enough to overlap the bottom. The bottom should be at least 2.5 inches tall.

I will tape the seam on the outside of this stove, as I did the prototype once the second round of tests are done to be sure there aren't too many hole which would make the stove burn too hot.

My second round of trail tested recipes will be make with this new stove. Stay tuned for updates.



No comments:

Post a Comment