Thursday, September 22, 2011

Winning the Battle, Losing the War

The man won the dumpling eating contest. A wonderful jar of sour cream was the prize.
But, he lost because he became ill directly afterward and died.

http://news.yahoo.com/man-wins-dumpling-eating-contest-then-dies-150830490.html

My man is a great strategic thinker. Many times he helps me figure out the best strategy. It's not always about the present situation, the current Battle at hand. Long term thinking, the entire War at hand, now that's strategy.

I heard about a water drinking contest which took place in a radio station. The woman died from too much water. Yeah, that can happen.

That same thought applies to other ridiculous contests, Binge Drinking, Night races on back country roads, crazy stunts.
I know a person has to live life on the edge. I prefer it to be at least with a measure of sanity.

I should talk. Once I downed a lot of salt in soy sauce on a bet. I didn't know any better, and started coughing like crazy. Later, I found out it could have been fatal.

Hope the gods continue to protect the foolish.

2 comments:

  1. That's ok about the salt and soy. Due to a similar incident when I was a young fellow, to this day even the smell of bourbon makes me want to throw up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I remember trying to solve problems with some southern comfort. Just another hollywood trick.

    ReplyDelete