Monday, July 11, 2011

If You Could Have a Special Power

What would you chose for your Special Power?

I'd never thought of this question until I saw the reply given by Rebecca Romijn in Ladies Home Journal October 2009.

If you're wondering what I'm doing with this old edition of a woman's magazine, it was free. I think I mentioned before how one of our thrift stores gives away magazines. Its amazing how old some of these are, even dating back into the 90s.

Now, I have a few old magazines, like Backpaker's guide to Wilderness 329 Life saving survival skills, October 2006.  Theres 25 "harrowing tales from Glacier to the Grand Canyon in it. One story tells about Jon Donovan in the San Jacinto Mts. north of Idlewild. I remember that terrain on the Pacific Crest Trail and just reading his fatal thru hike brings all kinds of memories.

Anyways, back to the question, If you could have a special power, what would you choose.

This former model and mother of twins, who starred in a tv seriew called Eastwick (I myself have never watched it) said she'd want to become invisible so she could snoop.

Blew me away. So she could snoop.
Most of the time snooping leads to disaster and disappointment. Not only has a person invaded another's privacy,  ususally the stuff you discover is not good stuff.

The old saying, what you don't know won't hurt you sort of applies here.
Now, I do admit when kids are involved, parents have to investigate every once in awhile. I don't call that snooping. Just staying on top of what they get into is our job.

But, snooping on a boy friend, a lover, a husband, wife, girlfriend, friend, neighbor, just don't sit right with most folks.

If I could have a special power, it would be to heal I think. To give people a second chance at life in a strong way. Maybe that would back fire too, and the suffering that brings wisdom would not happen.

Guess its good we carry just our own special powers, human powers to bring a smile, some assistance, some positive energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment