Monday, May 2, 2011

Proud To Be An American

Yesterday I was watching President Obama hand it back to Donald Trump at the White House dinner. Both the 17 minute clip, and the short "Donald" clip are hilarious. View it if you got a bit of time.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42837356/ns/politics-white_house/
It was really great hearing the President dish out better than he got.

Who knew that very evening, a historical event producing American Pride outbreaks in the street, would stun the nation.
Bin Laden is dead!

It seems weird to celebrate a death so joyously. I'm a pacifist at heart. I'd much rather avoid confrontation and settle disputes diplomatically.
But, self defense is a human right and dignity. I've always taught my kids not to attack, but if attacked, defend yourself with all you got. Defend your little brother or sister. Don't ever let the bully win.

I'm proud to be an American. We're messed up, that's true. Tons of credit card debt, we don't like to delay gratification, we believe in rags to riches so much we let the wealthy take all they can grab while we buy lottery tickets.
But, I've been told that our enemies in World War II knew not to land troops on American soil. They knew Americans are armed. We own weapons. We know how to use them, and by god we will.

And I'm happy to hear ex-president Bush congratulating President Obama. We're messed up right now, but I believe President Obama said it best, "we can accomplish what we want when we set our minds to it."

I've heard dire warnings that we may have opened a can of worms. I imagine I'm not the only one saying, bring it on. This is a victory we're proud to own.
Worrying doesn't empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength--Corrie Ten Boom

Thank you troops!

No comments:

Post a Comment