Friday, May 13, 2011

Heading West

I've enjoyed driving out here so far, in spite of the winds and crazy weather. Record highs in Chicago, now there's snow west of Cheyenne, Wyoming.
People are down to earth along this stretch of I-80. Bring in  your mug when you fill up the gas tank, and you can get ice for free. I have water in the car.
Or just load up on some coffee for 79 cents.

Cheap travel is easy when you're alone if you keep stops to a minimum. My cell phone is off, but charged for emergencies. I touch base with family as I go.

Turning on the news last night in the motel, I saw we're still evaluating the "bin Laden" situation. The digital information that was hauled away, the Pakistan indignation over our big find, and reprisals upon the Pakistan military by al queda.
So? I guess those reprisals don't bother me. In fact, that ought to show who your real friends are. When you keep secrets from your "friends" and harbor the enemy, who then pays you back when they are  discovered, you got no one to blame but yourself.

Anyways, that's a short contribution from the road. Semi trucks are to be respected. I give them wide berth, knowing my little car isn't always easy  to see.

2 comments:

  1. You're making me jealous. It's been a long time since I did a cross country road trip. Be careful and keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about an update. What's going on, did you make it ok and was your job what you expected it to be?

    ReplyDelete