Thursday, February 24, 2011

I Believe In Testing

I made this hobo stove from free materials and common tools:
a coffee can,

a hammer

a screw driver.

Then, after a test run and posting a video on http://youtube.com/user/brawny03

I took it out in the real world. This overnighter, shown below, was so sucessful, I took it on a hike of the Foothills Trail.





Even though there was drizzle and light rain, it proved sustainable and highly effecient. I didn't have to worry about wet ground or fire rings, digging up new ground.
Simply preparing the surroundings and collecting dry branches off the ground, I was able to cook under the canopy of pines.

I believe in testing gear in all conditions. Some things just don't work as well as you'd think. Others actually work better.

No comments:

Post a Comment