Monday, October 18, 2010

Packless Conversion-Day Two




Today we take measurements and analyze our assortment of stuff sacks and gear. My pack is 14 inches wide. The stuff sacks need to be close to that length to cinch on. If you don't have them, you can make them, buy them, or modify existing gear.


Check out my video on how to make stuff sacks at my channel


http://www.youtube.com/user/brawny03


or view it at my Alternative Gear page at this blog.


I have several sleeping pads to choose from. Even if I take the thermarest in its stuff sack, it will fit. My tents are all in stuff sacks that can easily be strapped on via your common cinch strap.


Several stuff sacks would work if they had loops sewn in the bottom, but my main need is for a large central stuff sack. As long as I am making it, I will add a few perks.


Stuff sacks can be oriented either horizontally or vertically. My main bag for this system I've decided to make horizontal, so that I can add a pocket for water bottles.


See http://www.brawnyview.blogspot.com/


for more information on the Packless System Project.



Tomorrow we will make the Main Bag because I do not have a stuff sack large enough for the central bag. If you have a bag on hand which only needs modifying, we will show you how tomorrow.






No comments:

Post a Comment