Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Post Mission Shopping

After I caught up on my sleep, I went shopping on Sunday for some orange. I already had my orange shirt, but needed a stocking cap when my outer layers covered my shirt. Its important to be identified with the SAR team for logistics sake.
 
 
I also took a look at the sales in progress. High tec gear is expensive but will last awhile, so quality, vs. quantity is important.
 
The sales people were very helpful.
I found myself visiting four gear shops, Sierra Trading Post, Sportsman, Dick's Outdoor Gear, and Sports Authority and learned the sales have just begun.
In a few weeks, things are going to be way more affordable. I bought the hat and snow pants. See my other blog, http://brawnyview.blogspot.com
for more details on that new piece.
 
My wish list:
skins for backcountry skis
snow shoes
back country contactable shovel
base layer with Infrared technology
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment