Saturday, October 18, 2014

On Grid Gluttony

Today we packed out of the Gulf Hagas. The water was up, the photos were taken, the last video of folks braving the chill filmed.

Holy cow! Is this it? Daily internet, unlimited electricity, music, old new, and mediocre?
I don't think I'll even be able to sleep tonight. Clothes are washed. Hiking gear de-mudded and packed. I might soon be facing post-parting depression!

But hold on. One more  day of work, yes, work we call it cause there's a set time to go and share our seasonal experiences and recommendations with my co-workers, Grace and Ian and all others who show up. Only time will tell what new faces might await. Our host is even going to feed us lunch.


Heading back to Idaho, and whatever lies beyond, I want to thank everyone for their comments and kind e-mails. I've met so many fantastic people, and I love their accent.

Maine is a wonderful state full of happy people. Everyone I've met in this great mystical North Woods has been very kind and helpful.



No comments:

Post a Comment