Thursday, August 15, 2013

Walking is Good In Alaska

 
View of the Mountain while crossing the bridge near Girdwood. The walk is along a bike path and bordered by trees and beautiful flowering plants.

 
This is the Pond and water spouts to highlight it against a background of glaciered Mountains. I cook on the second floor.

 This flower pot is alongside the bike path. In full bloom, it nearly obscures the mosaic pot.

 
Most employees take the shuttle to Girdwood. Its a dollar each way. The walk is only half an hour. Seems really peaceful to me. They tell me the berries are ripe and black bears are possible. So far, I haven't seen any wild life.

3 comments:

  1. From Rev. Paul's posts I'd say a lot of the Alaskan wildlife is human...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, ProudHillbilly..although right now we're seeing a lot of civilized guests. Hotel is at 100% capacity. I'll be careful!

      Delete
  2. If you would like a good read check out Dana Stabenow's books. A Cold Day for Murderer is free on Kindle. She writes about the exotic and romantic Alaska. Enjoyable research!

    ReplyDelete