Thursday, February 3, 2011

I took a couple days off from blogging to get my taxes done, get a check up at the dentist, complete my job application for this summer, and just finish up some domestic tasks.
I've been writing a lot about thru hiking at my other blog, Brawnyview.
We watched a movie called South bounders. This was a very accurate portrayal of trail life, heading south on the Appalachian Trail. A person starts out fairly awkwardly, then by trails end, it is home. Hard to readjust to "real life". At least that's been my experience.
After five months on the trail, Rainmaker and I crossed into Canada on the Pacific Crest Trail. Hardened and joyful, the trip home is a sobering event adjusting to all the noise and confusion of civilization.


One of the many photos of me on the trail, sitting in my sleeping bag while cooking supper.


I met Lightingbolt after not seeing him for awhile. It was a sad hike in this section of burnt over trail on the PCT. A person didn't want to set anything down on the ground because it would get full of soot. The only solution was to keep hiking until you passed through it.
A lesson to all hikers to watch their stoves, especially in a desert or high mountain environment.
I miss the long distance hiking experience. This summer, I'll be working in the Grand Teton National Park. I'm a cook who loves the outdoors. On my days off, I'll explore, take photos and share on my blogs.







No comments:

Post a Comment