Sunday, December 19, 2010

How to Shoot a Gun

I've decided its about time I to learn how to shoot.
First, I'm told, we'll learn safety, loading, then firing. I will be able to try various firearms.
The instructor has his work cut out for him.
I don't even know how to load a gun, or figure out which type bullet goes in what. I do know to never allow it to be aimed at anything unless I am prepared to fire. Which means assessing first where said bullet might land.
Even though I know its not loaded or even when no one is in the room, or even when I'm outside, I must be aware of potential hit sites if it would go off.
I understand guns are just tools. We must be taught how to use them correctly, with the proper respect. Like a powerful kitchen slicer, much damage can be done in seconds if a person's not paying strict attention.
I'll be reporting and posting photos as these classes and field work unfolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment