Saturday, November 27, 2010

Patagonia Fleece-Gear Review

Fleece comes in various weights and fabric content.
The quality you'll find with brand names is worth the money. Although I bought some wonderful fleece jackets at Old Navy in 2009 in one of their blow out sales, when I really need a serious warm layer, I pull out my Patagonia.

It's a wonderful woodland green with one chest pocket. It doesn't have a hood, my only regret. It's a pull over, and weighs 15 ounces, a winter weight. The sleeves are plenty long, a key factor in choosing an insulating layer.

I love that even after many years of trail use, living in it for days on the Colorado Trail it is in very good condition. It still doesn't "pill", a sign of high quality fleece.

Brand names are costly. Look for them at thrift stores, on sale or as gifts. Think of them as an investment. Unlike cheap fleece, they will last a very long time.

2 comments:

  1. I love my Patagonia clothing. It is designed very well and provides comfort, like when I'm on The Colorado Trail.

    Bill Manning, Mg Dir
    The Colorado Trail Foundation
    www.ColoradoTrail.org
    ctf@ColoradoTrail.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best Wishes with the Colorado Trail Foundation, Bill. I love that trail.

    ReplyDelete