Friday, November 19, 2010

Freedom or Safety-Food for Thought




This video is so worth watching, and pondering the long term effects.
I believe it was Benjamin Franklin who said" A society which will surrender its freedom in favor of security will give up both and deserves neither".


I admit 9-11 changed the way we fly. The continuing terrorism world wide is infuriating. I don't know the answer. But I do know that its incomprehensible that my daughters and grand kids may have to submit to this personal invasion.
Another great quote by B. Franklin:
"Democracy is two wolves and one lamb voting on who to eat for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

I have no plans to fly in the near future.
Food for thought.

1 comment:

  1. It's frustrating that so few people are willing to address this concept. I think we've lost too much privacy in our crusade for safety.

    ReplyDelete