Thursday, September 2, 2010

Tarp Modification

I'm a big fan of gear modifications.

Now, as a gear tester, I first completely test the item as sent to me. Taking into account the designers passion, I feel its very important to give them the benefit of the doubt, and find the method to the madness.

But, when its all said and done, a little modification to suit an individual's needs goes a long ways.

The above clip shows me adding a guying loop to my new Brooks-Range tarp. I found the "through hole" just wasn't optimal for me. A guying loop would be perfect. They are simple to add, you can easily do it too. If you have a shelter that would benefit from a guy line, simply watch the above video and go for it.

Today I added a new page to this site called "Alternative Gear".

Hope it helps your budget and opens new ideas to the survivalist in us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment