Monday, June 28, 2010

Frugal to a Fault

Before we go any further, an admission is in order.

Hi I am Carol, and I am Frugal to a Fault.

Frugal is just another word for nothing left to spend.
Not that I am broke. Its just the pennies I save turn into dollars saved, which means less time needed to work and earn them.

It means more time to play and explore life.

By taking the simplest, least troublesome approach I save myself headaches. Frugal minimalism is the opposite of Living Large. It leaves a minimal carbon footprint. It promotes the skills our forefathers carved this nation with.
With this frame of mind, I am free from the pressures of society to compete in materialism.

So, I'll use things like empty soda bottles instead of Nalgenes. The soda bottle comes free with the purchase of soda and weighs a scant 1 ounce. The Nalgene comes in bright colors, costs about 10 bucks, and weighs 4 ounces.

I wrap a couple yards of electrical tape around the soda bottle. This serves two purposes. It is an easy way to carry tape, and it marks the bottle as your chosen water bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment